1. Prohibition-Era Elegance: The most stylish new show is Boardwalk Empire and brides are noticing. From dusty nudes and lace dresses to wing-tip men's shoes, couples are falling in love with the dapper fashion of the 1920s. And it wouldn't feel like the Prohibition without alcohol. Couples are serving "moonshine" and Prohibition "bathtub gin" in their very own speakeasy bar, all while guests dance the night away to jazz music.
(Love this ideas? Consider renting the Speakeasy lounge in Janesville, WI for your wedding celebration.)
2. The Redefined Princess: With a royal wedding around the corner, Kate Middleton is going to alter what princess style is all about. Steer away from the ball-gown skirt, the new princess silhouette will be body-skimming but with a bold train. Add statement-making headwear such as a tiara and cathedral-length veils. Princess details such as sophisticated sequins and beading will be showing up on everything from the wedding dress to floral arrangements and the cake.
3. Sultry Ballerina Style: This look is inspired by Black Swan. Feature the look in feathered headpieces, shredded fabrics, airy plumes, and a color palette of pale pink and black.
4. Ivy League Chick: Preppy chic is back in a big way, seeping into everything including wedding style. Brides will be channeling their inner Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl) or Ali MacGraw (Love Story). The style will peep through in chic details such as plaids and stripes.
5. Exotic Indian Inspiration: From Katy Perry's Indian wedding and Eat, Pray, Love, India will be the "it" country for wedding inspiration. This inspiration will translate through vibrant color palettes such as purples, reds, and golds; lavish decor elements like beading and rich drapery; and exotic, spicy dishes.
6. Wedding Man Caves: Blackjack tables, brandy bars, PlayStations, and stogies. The man cave has officially moved from the home to the wedding. Expect to find male guests in the new "groom's corner" at the reception.
7. Pre-wedding PJ Parties: Before the big day, brides will be planning a night of pampering and bonding via slumber parties, complete with matching PJ's.
8. Food Truck Fun: The desire for gourmet food trucks has seeped into weddings. Brides will be embracing this by requesting makeshift sidewalk carts during the cocktail hour or food trucks for the wedding after-party.
9. Haute Desserts: Blame it on the popularity of Top Chef: Just Desserts, Amazing Cakes, and Cake Boss. Desserts and wedding cakes will be taking center stage with unique gourmet flavors.
10. Video Guest Books: Building on the popularity of "wedding photo booths", wedding guests can expect confessional-style video booths as the newest way of wishing well to the happy couple. After the wedding, the couple will easily be able to share the creation online via YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
11. Surprise Honeymoons: Couples will be taking a cue from Chelsea Clinton's wedding and have the groom plan a surprise honeymoon.